We just found out that Callie's staph infection is resistant to certain antibiotics, namely the one that she has been on the longest. However, the secondary one...the vancomycin, has been effective, it is just a pretty heavy drug. They are nixing both however, and switching her to a narrower version of an effective drug. The only problem? They can only give it to her through an IV...meaning we are in the hospital until this goes away...which can take up to another week or so.
Admittedly, I was pretty depressed...however, Dave noticed and has done his best to make the night easier. For what it's worth, Callie is doing great otherwise. We rented Penelope and so I am watching that right now. He just left for the evening, but we've had a great day together.
So, instead of complaining about this being unfair, I think that I need to be reminded of the the things that I am thankful for...so here is my Thankful Thursday (on Wednesday)
1) I'm thankful that we finally know what we are up against and have a plan of action.
2) I'm glad that Noah has been in great hands, and that I still get to see him thanks to the efforts of the grandparents.
3) I'm thankful for the time that Dave and I have gotten to spend together. We have really connected over the last week and a half.
4) I'm thankful for all the ways that God has provided for us, and for all the lessons I feel that I am learning along the way.
5) I'm thankful that Callie has been herself and still smiling and cooing and "talking", because to have her really sick would make my heart ache more than it does now.
6) I'm thankful for friends and family who have come around and supported us.
7) I'm thankful for great doctors and nursing staff who have certainly done their best to make all of this easier on us.
So, with that said, I know that God is with us and that He has a plan for the next week and a half. I pray that these antibiotics kick in and that she heals quickly (for everyone's sake).