Monday, July 21, 2008

Best laid plans...

Well, I'm working at not crying. The doctors came in this morning. After looking at her lump, they noticed it being more red, and "organizing". Meaning that like a zit, it's starting to form a head. With that said, the new plan is we are here until AT LEAST Wednesday. They are going to pull more fluid this morning. I can't feed her until that happens. They will pull fluid, keep her on IV antibiotics for awhile, and then when they switch her to orals (after doing this procedure), they will most likely want to monitor that here at the hospital for another 24 hours...putting us at leaving Wednesday at the earliest. I'm sure I will get my bearings and rally again, but for now...it's just starting to settle in. I had my bags packed and sitting ready to go. Now, I guess we need to move back in. Dave has offered to bring me back some pictures to hang up on the wall of our new "home". We just got back from the ultrasound and it indeed shows fluid. So, here go starting week 3.

Here's a bit of a God story. Dave was headed into Thorntown (halfway to Indy) to work this morning. When he got there, Thorntown realized that they had mistakenly scheduled him for Tuesday instead of Monday. This has NEVER happened before. On any other day, he probably would have been upset about driving all that way for nothing. Today, he decided to come here and spring us. Well, as it turned out, it's God's provision for me. If I had to deal with the amount of things that are happening/not happening this morning on my own, I would have been a mess. As it is, Dave will go down with her for the aspirate and he has been here playing Uno with me to keep me distracted. I'm feeling feisty and frustrated and he is even handling that in stride. Thank you Jesus for even small provisions.

I miss my friends and family immensely. Thanks to those who have called and checked in. It's been nice to at least connect in that way. I'll maybe write again when we have a better plan...for now, per usual, we just wait.

3 comments:

Emily said...

Ohh sweetie! We miss you too! We're praying hard that this Wednesday you'll be home!!

SLP said...

Love you, Kim! I've never been through this sort of thing, but after I had Anna, I had an infection which they kept hooking me up to major antibiotics. I had to stay in the hospital 5 or 6 days. I remember being packed and ready to go home only to be told "No, you have to stay for another round." I didn't hold tears back, and as a matter of fact I think I turned whiny and started begging the doctor to let me go home! (Not a pretty moment!) He explained that they needed to treat the infection very aggressively so that they made sure it was taken care of because if not I would have been a mess with possible lasting effects. Later, after post delivery hormones and such had slowed down, I realized it was for my best interest even though I felt miserable and just wanted to GO HOME! I know that you would go to the ends of the earth for little Callie! So, keep looking to JESUS! All the pictures of Callie are so sweet! She looks like she has taken all this like a trooper! We love you! Rest in HIM ALONE!

Mary Sue said...

Sounds like not only has Callie held well, but also her parents!! Remember Who is in charge! Love ya!