Saturday, July 12, 2008

Thank You Jesus

Thank you Jesus for small miracles. Last night was not so great. The nurse finally came in at 12:30 and asked the guy to turn it to mute. The TV still stayed on the whole night. At 6 this morning, our rockin nurse (AKA Dave's old schoolmate) came in and told us she got us a private room. HALLELUJAH!!! She said when talking to the doctor it was unlikely they would release us back to Lafayette, but she was able to get us a private room. Now let me tell you, this is a small miracle. These rooms do not come about easily. What are the odds that a nurse that Dave knows would be working in this unit in this gigantic hospital and end up actually being our nurse for the night? Slim. So, that it happened, I truly believe is God's provision for us. Despite my evening emotional lapses, I am still seeing God's hand move throughout this situation. He gives us what we need so that we can sustain. We are trying to find a way to really thank our nurse/Dave's friend for pulling some strings (because we know she had to). She works again tonight and has requested us again. I've decided that I really like her. She is such a sweet woman and has really helped make this scary place a little less scary. We are now in room 3179. The phone number has changed as well, but I don't know it. Feel free to call the cell phone.
(Our new abode...what you can't see is actual space to move around)


(A definite improvement)

2 comments:

Always a Beginner said...

Is this bench where you sleep?? Jon and I have been praying for you. You are such a fantastic mother. Callie is so lucky.

Ann said...

Woo hoo! thanks, God! I still wish you were in Lafayette, but a private room is definitely an improvement.