Friday, July 18, 2008

A sweet break

I love my husband. He pretty much kicked me out this morning to go shopping...didn't even give me a limit. I just headed over to the Circle Center. It was the first time I had been in the van in a week. I found a few things for Noah, but absolutely did not find anything that I liked that was in my size. Oh well. Maybe Dave can extend that non-limit for when we finally get home. :-)

Getting out in general really lifted my spirits and has probably given me what I need to make it through the weekend. I can't believe it's been almost 2 weeks since I've done something outside of a hospital that didn't pertain to getting food or showering.

Callie is off isolation. I made my case to the resident doctor this morning and he agreed that it wasn't enough to warrant isolation, but they would keep watching her. I appreciated it. They are doing some minor tests now on her latest diaper, but unless something comes up, she is in the clear. I can live with that.

My not so favorite doctor was in at 6:30 this morning trying to talk to me. Really? 6:30? Is that really necessary? They don't round until 9, she could have waited an hour to talk to me, but oh well. I was up after that. (I think Noah woke grandma up at 6:20 this morning, so I can't really complain too much)

Dave takes off for work around 3 and won't be back until Monday sometime (hopefully to spring us from the hospital and take us home!).

There is noticeable progress in her lump. It is definitely shrinking (finally), which means that the antibiotics are really starting to kick in. She's sitting in the bumbo hanging out with us right now. I'm so relieved that something positive is finally happening. Thank you Jesus.

On another note, I want to wish my friend Summer a VERY happy birthday. She's only a few months older than me, but today is her special day. We have been friends for quite a few years now, and I really have enjoyed how our friendship has evolved and grown. She's an awesome person and an awesome mom. Have a great day Summer! Love ya!

2 comments:

SLP said...

Praise God for progress with the lump! Hey if Callie is loving that Bumbo, I would love for you guys to borrow ours. I think David used it a total of 3 times:) May God pour out His grace on you!

Anonymous said...

I've never left a comment on a blog before. For that matter, I've never read a blog before. It's good to hear that Callie is making progress. We have all worried about her and you guys too. We've tried to keep up with the progress. The blog really does help. Our prayers are with you. Aunt Camilla and Uncle Bill.