Friday, July 11, 2008

Are you kidding me?

11:30pm: The roommate insists on watching TV (The Family Guy now) and there is no end in sight. I did get him to turn it down a notch, but it's still pretty audible. His baby is crying. There are babies crying down the hall. I'm pretty sure sleep will be elusive tonight. Heck, maybe I'll turn on the TV on my side and join the fun. I've already asked the nurse to speak with our doctor about transferring back to Lafayette for the weekend. It's silly to stay in this overcrowded room when we can be getting the same treatment in Lafayette, in a private room. I can be closer to Noah and the rest of my family, and they need the bed space. I'm more than willing to drive back Monday morning early to have this procedure done and go from there. Please Lord, let the doctor have favor on this suggestion.

Sorry that you are getting the brunt of my raw emotion. A week with averaging 5 hours of sleep and watching my daughter get tortured in the name of science have me fed up and raw. Maybe tomorrow I will feel more gracious and in control of my emotions, but tonight...well, as I said earlier...Late night is not a good color on me.

1 comment:

Kelsey said...

Oh Kim, I'm so sorry that you're going through this. I'm praying for favor on that suggestion, and peace and joy for you and healing for Callie. I love you and that little peanut!