Thursday, December 6, 2007

Noah tried getting up at 5:45am this morning. Nice try kid, but no dice. Well, around 6:20 he got up and started playing in his room. I finally decided to just let him play in there since he was happy for a little while, buying me a few extra minutes to lay under the warm blankets and listen to his antics. I imagine it will be an early nap time today. I am trying to get his stuff all packed so that I can finish all mine while he is sleeping. I would also like to try and leave my house in a semblance of order...although I am realistic enough to know that it won't be spotless.

There are apparently some snow storms coming later this evening, so we want to get on the road as soon as Dave gets home from Thorntown. Unfortunately, they usually let him go fairly early on the days we have nothing else going on. But on days like today, they will inevitably keep him late(r).

Oh look...I just peeked outside and the sun is starting to rise. That's pretty.

Packing is an all day event when you have a family. It took me awhile to pack when I was single...but now packing for a husband, a kid, and yes, now even the dog...It takes some skill and frankly some time. Because if something is inevitably forgotten...its usually on my head...or worse its something that I, myself, really wanted to bring but forgot in the midst of worrying about everyone else's stuff. Ah well.

I think I'm going to jump in the shower and attempt a quiet time since Noah is himself actually being quiet. It's been a few days since I had a quiet time and I don't really want to fall back into old habits since the breakthrough...so for those of you who see me regularly...hold me accountable!

No comments: