I admit, it's been a hard week reigning in the terrible twos. However, last night, I just looked at Noah when he was sleeping, and was completely taken with how amazing he it. So, here is my top ten for the week:
Why Noah rocks:
10) He says the funniest things right now. (sthnow)
9) Everything is exciting for him as he labels things through the house.
8) He gives great hugs and kisses.
7) He's ridiculously cute when he is sleeping.
6) He sometimes just likes to cuddle and be with you.
5) He can keep himself amused for a long time playing with the animals.
4) He is learning the people around him and is beginning to label them on his own.
3) He always wants to help...even if his help often requires more work for me.
2) He delights in the little things.
1) His way of a jubilant, "HI!" when we come get him in the morning. There is no better way to wake up then with a little person who is happy to see you. Forget the alarm clock. :-)
Jesse P. watched Noah last night so that Dave and I could go out on a date. It was wonderful. Noah didn't even care when we came home...he just looked at us like we were invading on his buddy time. Dave and I ate at TGIFridays (since I am digging their 3 course menu right now) and walked Walmart. I know, I know...Walmart. After you have kids, you will see how romantic this can be when you do it without them. :-) We leisurely walked the aisles and meandered where we wanted...even looked at movies for awhile. It was fun.
We came home and watched Martian Child after we put Noah to bed. It was a really good movie about loving even when its difficult and never ever giving up. It makes you think a little bit and made me go back into to check on Noah and just thank God for Him. EVERYONE needs to be loved. If you haven't seen it, I would encourage you to check it out. It's good.
Well, It's Friday and I have no idea where this week has gone. I feel like I blinked and it's the weekend. Sheesh! That means only 4 more weeks to go until this bambino arrives. It still seems like a long time, but there is much to do between now and then and if the weeks keep flying by as they have, it will be here in no time. We're anxious to meet the little dude. :-)
Have a fabulous Friday everyone!