Saturday, February 16, 2008


Well, thanks to everyone who weighed in on the survey. We'll take it under consideration. Just for the record, Dave is not for denying Noah things, he just has a few reservations about dolls(that, apparently, when talking to other guys is not unfounded). So, we'll see what happens.

Noah woke up at 3am yesterday completely soaked through. I changed him, but decided that I am too pregnant to effectively tackle the bed by myself at 3am (perhaps this is a cop-out, but I was also really tired). Anyway, by the time I had changed Noah, he was wide awake and actually thought that it was time to get up and get going. I assured him otherwise, but he still had a hard time settling down. It ended up with us rocking in the living room for awhile, then me laying him down on Dave's side of the bed (who was at work). It was my own darn fault for not changing his sheets in the night because neither of us got great sleep. I was awake pretty much from 3am on. So, at 7:15 this morning, when Noah woke up...I was a little, well, sleepy. And when I am sleepy...I'm cranky. :-)

Dave got home, and he also had not had much I took the morning shift with the kiddo. I actually had to call my friend Becky to have her pray for patience for me. Noah was really whiny and trying today...and on little sleep, that is challenging. We went to the mall where he threw the mother of all fits as we were leaving. One older gentleman glared at me as though he wanted to call DCFS. I literally had Noah in time-out in the hallway by JCPenney's. That still didn't work, and he bucked and fought me the whole way to the car. (Enter glaring older guy). Again, when I have had more sleep and feel a little more human myself...I hope that I could have handled that situation a little more effectively. Noah cried for most of the way home and fell into a deep sleep...We were both exhausted.

So, we both napped. Afterwards, we went to the kids expo at Market Place Center. We basically just got hit up for a bunch of stuff. There were a few useful places to eventually look into for things to do around town. Other than that, we were in and out pretty quickly.

We have been driving Ben C.'s car this weekend as we loaned the van out to him to drive some people from RVC to a ski lodge for the day. They could fit more people in our van. We have really been convicted of how things aren't REALLY ours, but we are stewards of what God gives us. So, when Ben asked if he could take the van, we said OK. Well, it turns out that while they were skiing, someone backed into it and dented the back bumper. Figures. It wasn't their fault at all (considering they weren't even in the car) so we told them not to worry about it. If only someone could really rear-end me then I could afford to get the paint (that I have accidentaly chipped from backing out with the tailgate open..oops) and (now) bumper fixed in the back. OK, I don't REALLY wish to be in an accident, especially with a kid, and a kid on the way...I'm just saying.

It's 6:30pm and I can't wait until Noah is ready for bed, because I know that I will be pretty close behind him. Come on 8:00...

1 comment:

Ann said...

Ugh, I've had those days...
Have fun on Friday!