Friday, February 15, 2008

Valentine's Recap

This year I wasn't really into Valentines Day. Just coming off Dave's birthday I was struggling with ideas and frankly I wasn't really concerned with receiving too much from him either. We originally were just planning on maybe going out to dinner, but taking Noah since we didn't have a sitter. Well, our friend Becky thought her husband had to work that night so she offered to take Noah so that he could play with her son River. Dave and I are not ones to refuse an offer of babysitting...so we jumped on it (thanks guys for watching Noah last night).

We went to TGIFridays and had their 3 course menu...Holy cow was that good...and a good deal! Dave and I both had appetizers, entrees, and a dessert each for $12.99. We had a fun time. We watched a couple on a blind date and were kind of amused. We sobered a little when we saw the footage of NIU's shooting. That was tragic and unnecessary. My heart goes out to the parents and families of those who were killed or hurt.

After dinner, we headed over to Uniquely Yours Pottery and each painted a plate to put above the kitchen cabinets. It was a lot of fun. Dave put a lot more effort into his plate than I did to mine...it was amusing.

As far as gifts, like I said before...I was fresh out of ideas. Instead I decided to write Dave a love letter and insert it into his card. He actually did really nicely yesterday. He sent me an email in the morning (which he never does) telling me he loved me. Then brought home tulips, because I really need to be reminded that spring WILL eventually come and a Willow Tree figurine. Nothing expensive, but everything very thoughtful. It was really a nice day and a nice time together.

I am realizing I am not huge on the Valentine's Day hooplah...but hey, it gave me an opportunity to have a nice dinner out with my husband and some child-free time. Who can refuse that?

No comments: