Tuesday, January 1, 2008

Happy New Year

I ended up teaching on Sunday morning. It was kind of crazy as most of the regulars were gone, but we had 8 new kids, all older (our lessons are prepped for 3-5 year olds). There were only two 3-year olds. The rest were all between 5-9. I scrambled to make it appropriate for the older group. Afterwards, Noah and I both came home and crashed. I ended up talking to my good friend Sara (my roommate in college and partner in crime) for almost 2 hours while she was making her way from her parents house back home. It had been awhile since we have chatted that long. It made me feel like I was actually hanging out with her.

Monday, Noah and I made a huge Target run first thing in the morning. Mostly groceries, but they had 75% off Christmas and I also ended up buying a new pair of sweatpants for me that were on sale. (I am wearing them now and LOVE them). The day was fairly uneventful. Dave worked, came home, played frisbee golf with Dan, came home again and put together his new table saw, then went back to work the holiday shift at the Emergency Clinic.

Becky W. and River came over to help me ring in the New Year. We actually had no intentions of staying up until midnight. After the boys went down, we watched the movie, "Waitress" and then chatted. All of a sudden I looked at the clock and it was 12:00am. We wished each other Happy New Year and then had a good prayer time to close of 2007 and usher in 2008. I had a very good time...and it was nice and low-key.

Noah still woke up early this morning, despite the fact that mommy didn't get much sleep. We are laying low this morning and then heading over to Kauffman's to watch the Rose Bowl for a little while. We all have our Illini gear ready to be donned. Interestingly enough, my mom is actually AT the game.

So, another low-key day for the Yenerichs. Dave is sleeping now since he worked overnight. Noah is playing with his balloon and watching cartoons.

To close, I feel I must share this funny Noah/Mommy story even though it will embarass me:

Yesterday, I was sitting on the couch and I audibly tooted (the terminology changes when you have a toddler). Noah looked at me, pointed and said, "Su pooped?". After I got done laughing, I assured him that I had not pooped, just tooted. Ah, children bring out the best in us, don't they?

1 comment:

The Rock Star said...

I am glad you and the kiddo had someone to ring the new year in with! :)

Have I mentioned how much I love the people in our LifeGroup lately?! Yay for GOD! YAY!