Monday, January 28, 2008

The Sunday/Monday wrap up

Saturday- I love my husband. He worked all day/night Friday and so he slept through the morning, while I entertained my parents. There is this new pottery place that was having their grand opening and you could paint a plate for free. I REALLY wanted to do it, but it was not really my parents bag of tea to wait around while I did it. So, I decided to try and come back later (if it was at all possible). You need two people to go and paint the plate (the nature of the deal). The day progressed, and I was having a hard time finding a friend to come paint with me. When Dave woke up, I told him about my dilemma and he offered to go with me and help out. I was SOOOO thankful. It turned out to be a lot of fun! I could totally spend hours (and dollars) there. Dave and I each painted a tile, and then he helped me a little bit on the plate, but mainly entertained Noah. He didn't even pressure me to hurry. We then went to the pet store to get a new light bulb for Noah's fish tank (it starts...) then since we were in the area, and it was getting late, we stopped by Monical's for pizza. It was a nice way to end the day before Dave had to go BACK to work.

Yesterday was a pretty low-key day. We went to first service. I got a chance to meet a few new people, which is always fun (I am way behind on that front seeing as though we have about 250 people and I only know eh, maybe 75-100 of them). I figure at this rate (one or two per week), I can meet all the new people (who will then be asking me if I'M new) by the end of next year. :-) I am waiting for the day when someone comes up to ME and says "Hi, welcome to RVC. Have you been coming here long?". At that point, I would be tempted to lie and say, "Yep, it's my first week." Of course I wouldn't lie, I just said that I would be tempted. :-)

Anyway, we had Moe's for lunch and then Noah and I went home, while Dave stayed for tear down. Noah took a good nap and I have hit the 3rd trimester tiredness. I LOVED 2nd trimester. I was getting so much done...cleaning things that haven't been cleaned in months, etc. Now, when Noah naps, I nap again. I can't say that I complain too much. I am very appreciative to be able to stay at home with him and be able to rest when I need too. Soon enough, that will change again. :-)

Today, I worked out at Faith in the morning. Noah really enjoys the daycare. When I got back, he was playing with a doll and riding a pink car. He had no desire to leave and just kind of ignored me. Too bad I couldn't think of other things to do. Maybe next time I go, I'll bring a book and sit in the cafe for a little bit before I go pick him up. :-) We then had lunch and both took naps. I slept for 2 hours, and feel a lot better this afternoon. Noah is STILL sleeping...he is closing in on 3 hours now. I'll probably have to get him up soon so that he actually goes to bed tonight.

Dave should be home shortly. He has the next few days off from the ER clinic so it will be a nice chance for him to catch up on sleep, and family and friend time.

Happy Monday.

No comments: