Saturday, November 24, 2007

Glorious Sleep!!!

Last night I banked a consecutive 7 hours of solid good sleep. No bathroom breaks, no laying in bed for 2 hours trying to fall asleep, even no leg pains. I woke up at 4:45 to use the bathroom and felt like it was morning. It was WONDERFUL! I haven't slept that well in months.

Perhaps it was because the night before I woke up at 3:30am to hit the after Thanksgiving sales. Every year, I vow that I will not get up early to do it...and every year I get sucked in by the good deals (Dave and I are very frugal...and bargain hunters to a fault). I arrived at Kohls and almost stood in the middle of the aisles crying and shaking like a scared child. It was a mad house! Last year, Summer and Bill went with me and it made for a much more positive experience. This year...not so much. I almost just walked out. Yes, I realize that it's consumerism at its worst. However, there were a few glimmers of the Christmas spirit that still eeked out occasionally. For instance, as I am waiting in line, the women behind me were very helpful in helping me push my stuff forward (one was pregnant too). They even held my place while I ran to get some last minute things. We started up some good conversation and by the end of the line, I felt that I had made friends. The couple in front of me also started helping me shove my stuff towards the end of the line. Small acts, I know...but it was nice to know that there was a "team" effort in it...and that perhaps the Christmas spirit hadn't been completely forgotten in the midst of bargain hunting.

Dave and I managed however to get a good jump start on Christmas shopping and were able to mark a lot of people off our list. By last night though...I was so bone weary I had no problem's falling asleep. This morning, Noah and I are having a lazy Saturday morning. We have no real plans for today, so we may just stay put for awhile. Dave will be coming home from work shortly and will most likely be camped out in bed for most of the day. I imagine he's pooped.

No comments: