Tuesday, October 9, 2007

Manic Monday

Monday started off with Noah's cough getting worse. I called the doctor and she said she wanted to see him (we are at a month and a half of this). His appointment was set for 3. We met my neighbor, Kandi, and her girls at Chik-fil-A for lunch. Noah loved hanging out with the girls. Afterwards, we both took naps. At 3, we headed out for his appointment. Apparently, he has a swollen lymph gland, some fluid behind his left ear, and of course the crusty's around his nose. The doctor proclaimed it was allergies gone bad. She has him on 3 different meds though to clear him up. I am just hoping this will help his poor little cough. We then went to pick up his prescription and do some shopping at Walmart (Noah started crying mid-way). When we got home and I was unloading groceries, the phone was ringing. I answered that, unloaded groceries and turned around to see that Noah had grabbed the syrup out of the cupboard...brought it into the living room...opened it and dumped it on him, the table, and all over my carpet. YUCK!!!!!! Thank goodness we have a steam cleaner that was able to get it most of the way up so I didn't have a completely sticky mess. That thing has come in handy more times than I can count and was completely worth the money.
In the evening, Dave headed back off to work and I had some ladies from my lifegroup come over and hang out. Sheena, Kelsey, and Jonell and I watched a movie and chatted. They also entertained my son (who I'm sure gets bored with me on a day-in-day-out basis). He was a little ham when they were here...giving kisses and playing with them. It was really low-key, but nice.

3 comments:

The Rock Star said...

Oh good! Now, my day is complete, too! :)

Haha. You are too much. Too much...

Mindy said...

syrup in the carpet....I don't even want to imagine. I hope that these meds clear up his cough, it's so hard to see the little guy not feeling well.

Ann said...

Oh man, they're fast buggers some days! Glad you have a steam cleaner and I hope the meds clear everything up!