IT was HOT! We were hoping that it would be cooler since we were in the forest in NORTHERN WI, but alas...it was still in the 90's most of the week.
- Noah went jet skiing with daddy...He liked it OK...
- He LOVED swimming with Dave in the lake though. They had oodles of fun out there.
- We took some very nice Pontoon rides.
- We took in stock car races...which was fun minus the cigarette smoke blown in my face and the excess dirt that got kicked up from the cars. There were a few good crashes that made it memorable. (Why do crashes make it memorable?)
- Thursday, Dave and his aunt Camilla rode 30 miles on bikes! They travelled all the way into the next town and back. It was pretty impressive.
- Friday- Dave and I went for a 5 mile bike ride...I was winded enough from that, so no 30 mile trek for me.
- Friday night (this is the best part) Dave and I drove into Rhinelander (about a 30 min drive) and saw "No Reservations". We both thought that it was a pretty good movie. Then, Dave took me to the place where we got engaged almost 5 years to the day (it would be tomorrow actually). It's a little pier down by a park in Rhinelander. We hadn't been back since, and it was so memorable. The sun was setting and we stood out there and reminisced about the last 5 years together. It was perhaps the best and most romantic date I have ever been on. Then, we left listening to "Come What May" from Moulin Rouge...the song we listened to leaving there after we got engaged...It was again...so romantic!
- Saturday we left and drove to Rochelle where we stayed with Dave's brother Mike, and family. Noah and Tyler (his cousin) had a blast playing together. It was really neat to see their antics! The boys both cried when we separated them to go our separate ways. This picture was taken when Dave was tossing them onto the couch and they would giggle and laugh. Goofballs.
We're home now and I have the bulk of laundry taken care of. I am enjoying easing back into life here. We've already had 2 of our friends offer to make us dinner this week! How great is that! We really do have an incredible life and people in it. We are indeed blessed. Thanks to the fam for a great vacation!