Friday, June 8, 2007

Even If...

In thinking of a title for this blog...I keep thinking of some verses in Daniel...and that can pretty much sum up my spiriual thoughts this past year. Daniel 3 talks about Shadrach, Meshach, and Abednego (lovingly, Rack, Shack, and Benny) and their refusal to worship a false idol. The consequences for such an action were to be thrown into a blazing furnace. When pressed they replied,

"the God we serve is able to save us from it, and he will rescue us from your hand, O king. But even if he does not, we want you to know, O king, that we will not serve your gods or worship the image of gold you have set up." (Daniel 3:17-18 NIV)

I think on that often...if put in a situation that requires great faith...would I be able to say, like Rack, Shack, and Benny...My God is able to save me from (fill in the appropriate trial), but even if He doesn't...I still choose to follow and serve Him.

Lord, help me to have that kind of faith...that, when met with resistance and trials, I could stand firm and trust in You.

1 comment:

Ann said...

That's one of my favorite verses! Though I haven't seen the Veggie Tales version...have to put it on our viewing list :)

Welcome to the blogosphere :)