Saturday, June 16, 2007

Dolt!!

I just realized that I missed a very important meeting for our homeowner's last night...to plan a potluck in the park for our neighborhood. I set it up, I sent out the emails, I made sure that everything was put in place...and then completely forgot. Many people emailed and said that they would not be able to make it. However, there was a potential for 3 families to maybe attend....and I blew it. The worst part was, I needed their help to get this thing going. I cannot (and will not) single-handedly tackle another community "event". I got conned into doing the Easter Egg Hunt this year...and without the help of 2 of my neighbors...would not have succeeded. Part of me wants to chuck the whole idea...but since I have now put it in the brains of these few families, I feel that it is expected to happen. How it is going to happen with me manning the sails is questionable. (Me mentally kicking myself over and over and over). Dolt! Anyway, I'm off to try and create a flyer to take to Staples...then off to buy materials for Sunday school, meanwhile making dinner and preparing for my in-laws to come for a visit. (Me...not panicking...)

No comments: