Wednesday, September 26, 2007

There's something to be said for time away. Since Noah is my job, and I am never off the clock...I have found that lately I have been a little frustrated with child-rearing and having pets and the whole gammut. Don't get me wrong. I love being Noah's mom and I am proud to be in this position. It's just sometimes, I need a night off...to be duty free...to not clean up puke or change a diaper. Tonight was great. Noah was in good hands with Adam and Becky...Dave and I enjoyed a movie and when we came back to pick up Noah, I found that I had really missed him and was anxious to see him again. I got big hugs as if he too, were happy to see me (it goes both ways I think in frustration and in joy). We took him home, I read him a story and tucked him right into bed without any fuss. It was angelic. :-) I actually wanted to just lay down beside him and relish in this kiddo...my child...my son. At the end of the day, he is all mine. He is my job, my ministry, my responsibility...and I love him. I also think I did him a favor tonight by being a wife and enjoying quality time with my husband. Life is a balance and I, for one, am still figuring out all the intricacies that come with it. Soon, we will be adding one more and making it all the more interesting.

Lord, thank you for my amazing son. Thank you for allowing me to find the "God" moments in him. Help me to have patience as a mom and raise Noah to be a responsible godly part of your kingdom. Thank you for entrusting someone so precious in my care. Amen.

No comments: