Sunday, April 6, 2008

Team Yenerich

Parenting is stressful. However, it really has the power to draw you closer to your spouse. Last night, I pulled my first ever all nighter. Callie would not sleep...period. Dave really came along beside me taking turns with caring for her, changing her diaper, etc. He even stayed in the nursery and talked to me as I was feeding her. As we wearily crawled into bed at various intervals, we just hugged one another and drew strength from that. Dave stayed up with her for over an hour just trying to comfort her, while I did not sleep, but laid in bed listening to her cries. I finally was able to sleep around 3 hours starting at 5am. I am signing off now because Dave is really wanting me to take a nap while its quiet here. So, as I end this...I'm very thankful for my husband who supports and comes along side me as we enter this journey of two children. I can't imagine life without him and I am so glad that we are a team.

4 comments:

Melinda said...

I'm praying for you both, as well as Noah and Callie. Love you!

mjvan said...

What a sweet picture! We'll be praying for you. I remember the first months with Kinley... they were wonderful but soooo tiring, and I can't imagine it with another lively little one to take care of. Maybe Sally and I could come visit in a few weeks or so. Once things settle a little. :)

Smileyface said...

We remember those days/nights not so long ago ;) hang in there and know that there's others that have been where you are. Ellie just got over a cold and got in the bad habit of wanting to eat at 4 am (after sleeping all night since she was 4 wks old) and i gave in and started feeding her at that time again cuz letting her cry would have made the congestion worse..so i'll remember to say some prayers for you if i'm up with her! hugs and blessings...

Kelsey said...

Family as it should be. Kim, you guys give me hope and a shining example for my future. Your family is unspeakably precious.