Thursday, December 24, 2009

Merry Christmas (eve) Everyone!

I'm so excited for Christmas this year. Really, I am. We had our first Christmas last weekend with the Irwin side (Dave's mom's side). It was a lot of fun to see people, eat wonderful food, and let the kids open a few presents.

The holidays encompass so many things. It's great to see family. I love eating the good food...of fine, and the cookies too. I'm really excited for my kids this year. They're so much fun and I can't wait to see their reactions when they open their presents. However, the big thing that I'm excited to share with my kids tomorrow is the birthday party we get to have for Jesus. We're going to make Monkey bread (then stick some candles on it...it kind of looks like a cake right?) We'll read the story of Jesus' birth and then let the kids open presents. I'm really loving this tradition because it helps to remind me (and one day, the kids) what this season is all about.

Dave is finished at Thorntown. It was bittersweet his last day. He's really liked everyone down there and has fit in well over the last few years. It was difficult to say goodbye, I imagine. However, I know that he is enjoying the idea of having all his days free. We've talked of doing some traveling on his off days from the emergency clinic. Who knows what we'll do. Endless possibilities. :-)

Callie is obsessed with Dora. She also does not appreciate commercials. When a commercial comes on in between Dora, she laments loudly, "Dora! Dora!" and looks to me to fix it. Sorry kiddo. I don't like commercials either.

We made cookies the other day. It was actually a lot of fun. The kids were so into cutting out shapes in the cookie dough. They were machines. :-) Now, we are in the process of giving all of them away. Too much temptation sitting here.

Hoping all is going well for you this holiday season. Merry Christmas!!

No comments: