Wednesday, December 2, 2009

Day 2- Friday

So, after feeling exhausted and unable to poor out on Thursday night, I woke up on Friday feeling much more refreshed. Matt came down the hall and handed me a note from his wife, Allyson, who is also a really good friend of mine. It was just what I needed. Inside, she had written 3 verses. I sat down and began to read them. God had totally answered my prayer. I had asked that he use someone to speak to me his truths. Just the fact that Allyson had thought to include a note to me was really meaningful. The verses she sent were like manna. They were exactly what I needed. So, there I was, in a house full of men (I was the only woman) sobbing my eyes out in the living room telling Dave how much God met me and how thankful I was for Allyson. Dave can handle me. It's a good thing none of the others came down and saw my sob-fest though.

As if to add an exclamation point to my wonderment of God, I walked outside and came across this view:

The picture does not do it justice. I have never in my life seen snow-covered mountains. I just stood there and stared. It was breath-taking. Purple mountains majesty, indeed.

After the first session, we had a lot of free time. A lot of the guys played basketball. I was told that I was going to have to play, but (thankfully) at the last minute, they made it a guys game. I was excused. :-)

Later in the afternoon, I rode with Kurt, Alan, and Matt into the town for a scenic drive. Dave opted to stay home and read.




I'm going to take this time and insert my perspective on this trip. I was the only female that went on the trip with 5 other males. I was a bit worried about this, not sure what to expect. Truly, these guys are all really great men. They made me feel welcome and a part of the group always. I felt like I was hanging out with my brothers (or what I would imagine brothers to be like since it was just me and my sister growing up). And I guess they are my brothers in Christ, so maybe that's why it wasn't weird.

God did lots of cool things in the sessions. Lots of people got prayer. God moved. It was really neat to see.

No comments: