Monday, December 22, 2008

Weekend Update

I'm trying to squeeze in a quick post now that I have the kids down and the groceries put away.

We went to Bloomington, IL this weekend to celebrate Christmas with my mom and her side of the family. We had a really nice time. Dave, the kids, and I stayed at a hotel, which was fortunate since my mom lost power Friday morning and it didn't get turned back on until sometime on Saturday. With that, she wasn't able to make the turkey...so we did Thanksgiving at the hotel where we stayed. We used one of the conference rooms and set up camp. Not planned, but still nice, none-the-less.

So remember when I said my longest friend was Jenny? That's not entirely true. Joel and I apparently met in a sandbox when we were two. I'm sure neither of us could really attest to this, but that's what we've been told. We grew up together and for a time, my mom watched him and his siblings. So in some ways, they felt like our siblings. There was a loft in our 3rd grade classroom and you could pick a partner to sit there and read with you. Joel and I would often pick one another...we always got teased. But really, we were just good friends. Anyway, life moved on, we moved, and sort of lost touch. Thankfully through facebook and blogging, we've managed to at least keep tabs on each other. It was a really nice surprise when he showed up at the hotel and we got a chance to catch up. He got to meet Dave and my kids. It was great to see him again after all these years.




Christmas was lovely. Noah got dinosaurs and sharks...and has been carrying them around with him ever since. This kid is going to have a really nice Christmas this year...

Below is a picture of the "Kanonik" women...4 generations.

No comments: