Tuesday, December 2, 2008

Projects


You know how one project begets another project? Well, that's where I'm at now. We got a new washer and dryer (Merry Christmas to us). Since the old ones were coming out and all the shelving, I decided that I wanted to paint the room. The one on the right is the new color.




I now have a PANTRY!!!!!!


I LOVE this new set-up! It's really clearing up room in my kitchen. I have a lot more organizing to do today, but it's going to make SUCH a difference.

When I bought paint for the utility room, I decided to do our bathroom as well since this paint was REALLY on sale. Well, we painted the trim in the utility room white (it was a two toned cream/white disaster). Once I did that, I decided that while I was at it, I would paint the rest of the trim in the house white...because it's also the funky half-toned stuff. I've never liked it, but I've also never done anything about it...until now. I might as well. The paint is already out.

So, I've pretty much got the next few weeks planned in project mode. Winter time means projects indoors. Dave and I tend to find lots of new things to "work" on inside during the winter.

Truthfully, this is a great Christmas present. I LOVE having a pantry now.

8 comments:

Smileyface said...

How fun! I'm always excited to have more storage space ;)
I have to say I've thought alot about you guys since we've been here....the waiting and not knowing what exactly is going on....BUT we are believing that a healing has already begun in his little body even if we can't see it. THank you for the prayers.

Anonymous said...

Yay! Pantry!!! I hate our set up and would love to change it someday. Enjoy the home projects...it's always fun to change your house to make it even more your own!

Ann said...

Congrats on the new W&D and new pantry! The paint looks great :)

Summer said...

wow. jelouuuussss... :) good for you. paint looks great and i love the color of the w&d. well done!

Unknown said...

Kim, you are going to LOVE the front loading washer and dryers.....and congrats on a pantry.....you know you can come paint at my house any time....or peel wall paper with me....thats right, I found more...grrr.

Elizabeth said...

fun new room.. your own little hideout.. except for there is a washer /dryer in there.. may mean work.. lol! happy projecting!!

Mindy said...

Kim, that looks awesome! The colors of the w&d are really cool. Enjoy the pantry, hope it frees up some kitchen space for you.

Karissa said...

Looks AWESOME!! (ps i didn't ended up going up to west laf over thanksgiving but I will so be there for christmas)