Tuesday, October 13, 2009

So, I'm sitting here on the couch, using Dave's laptop, my monkey's by my side watching cartoons. They slept in today until 6:57...an improvement. Heaven help me when daylight savings hits and they want to get up in the 5 o'clock hour. Ugh. Of course, the day they "sleep in", I slept terribly. Oh well, I guess.

Our washer broke over the weekend. It's some sort of electrical error...thank goodness it's covered under warranty. There should be someone to fix it today, meanwhile, there are partially damp clothes that need to dealt with...they'll just get a really good washing this afternoon. They are scheduled sometime between 12-4...so my afternoon will consist of waiting.

Noah was pretty funny last night. Dave had to go to a meeting and then place an order at the clinic, so he didn't get home right away. Noah wanted to stay up and say goodnight. I let him read in his room for a little bit. However, he kept bouncing out of bed asking if Dave was home yet. I finally decided that he needed to think about sleeping...so I told him it was time for bed, but that I promised that when Daddy came home...even if he was already asleep...that he would come in and give him a hug and a kiss. He replied, "Do you wanna hear my idea?" I'm trying not to laugh when I say, "Um, ok, what's your idea?" He said, "I wait up until Daddy comes home and then I run out and give him a hug and a kiss." As it turned out, Noah stayed in bed, but Dave did go in to tell him goodnight and he was still awake.

In other news, my dad came yesterday and took me out for a belated birthday lunch. It was really nice. He is getting around so much better.

No comments: