Friday, October 30, 2009

The Golden Touch

First let me say how great my husband is. If I butter him up then maybe he'll forget about the second part of this blog entry. No really, last night he took the kiddos for a few hours so I can have some uninterrupted cleaning time. I know that sounds weird, but it's honestly relaxing for me to clean in peace without someone dumping a puzzle out where I just cleaned. I steam cleaned the carpets, dusted, and organized. I feel at peace today with the house.

Today, he took Noah with him on his man-date. He's helping a friend remodel a bathroom, which is actually a lot of fun for him. So, Callie and I were left to our own devices. We had nothing better to do, so we headed for the mall. We got there right as things were starting to open and there was a long line for Old Navy. I asked a woman standing there what was going on and she said that you could stuff a bag for 50% off if you were the first 50 and had an Old Navy card. Well, gee, I knew that thing would come in handy. I figured, what the heck...I'll wait in line and see what I can find. Well, find I did. The kids now have their Christmas wear (I'd been eyeing a dress for Callie there for awhile), and each got 2 new pairs of jeans (so 4 jeans for a total of $20). I got a few shirts for me. Dave got a new dress shirt for $1.50. Sweet deals.

I figured I was done after that. However, I had been wanting a pair of shoes at Payless, so I thought I might stop in just to see if they were on sale. As I walked in the lady said they had some deal where you got 50% off your entire purchase today. Well, hot dog, it was a good day to come to the mall. So I got the shoes I had been eyeing for half-price, a scarf, and 3 pairs of earrings (for $2)...all for a ridiculously low price.

After that, I just walked out of the mall. I figured I would quit while I was ahead. I'm super excited about the kid's Christmas clothes and their jeans. They both had growth spurts recently and were growing out of their old stuff.

So, now I'm just relaxing. I'm planning on picking up my book and enjoying the quiet.

1 comment:

mjvan said...

Well . . . Guess I should head to the mall! :) Just kidding. I wouldn't attempt it with both boys by myself! Glad you got some great buys!