Lot's of random thoughts:
1) I was driving down 26 this morning and I saw an old lady driving a car with a bumper sticker that said, "Save the Tatas!". Of course it was for Breast Cancer awareness, but still, it struck me as really funny...and I chuckled.
2) Noah is really becoming a delightful young person to be around. Yes, he has his whiny moments. All in all though, he is pretty helpful, and is becoming very aware of his surroundings. For instance, he told me when the pizza was done when he heard the timer. He also remembers a time-line if you say you are going to do something, he reminds you. Not to mention he thinks I look like a princess. He's a pretty cool dude.
3) He's also a little young to keep secrets. He and Dave went shopping yesterday for me. They made me leave the room so that they could wrap the presents. However, when Noah was sent to get me, he said, "Come on mommy. Let's open your *camera*" Or at least that's what it sounded like. I am not sure that's right since I already have a nice camera. Dave kept shushing him though because Noah kept jabbering on about what else they got me. I REALLY didn't understand any of that though. Needless to say, I didn't tell Noah what we got Dave. :-)
4) As I was walking into Meijer this afternoon I witnessed an old man literally almost get hit by a car backing out. It hit his cart, and kept going. Fortunately, it stopped before it did more than just bump the poor man...who was in a walker. The man seemed OK though, since he pounded on the car's window and yelled at the people in the car.
5) Another old man (sensing a theme today?) paid me the nicest compliment. I was running after butter to make sugar cookies. I had no make-up on, wearing sweats and a fleece and have not even looked in the mirror today. He was in a motorized cart and I offered to let him go ahead of me. He said, "I always let's the pretty ladies go ahead of me." Now, you could take that a dirty way, but since I was starving for a compliment, I smiled and said that it was the nicest thing that I had heard all day...and then...almost cried. Literally, right there in Meijer. Thanks mister for making me feel, well, seen. My feet left the ground and I smiled through the rest of my trip to Meijer.
6) I made 50 "turkey" cookies today. They're sugar cookies with chocolate frosting, candy corn tails, and yellow frosting as feet.
7) Dave just came home with flowers...Sweet sweet man.