Thursday, November 12, 2009

Thankful Thursday

Today I am thankful for my friend Allyson. She is one of the women that I regularly pray with. She is a wonderful mom and has a beautiful family. She has such a sweet spirit about her.

This morning she called me up and asked me what I had planned for dinner. I mentioned nothing yet, but that a friend was coming by in the evening. For those of you who know our family, deciding what we will have and executing it are for some reason ridiculously hard things to do in this house. So, her next statement came as a surprise. She said, "I want to make you dinner tonight." It was so wonderfully random. We didn't "need" it. We aren't sick (beyond colds), we didn't just have a baby or any other reason that people normally bring a meal to someone. It's just a random Thursday. A random Thursday that I now did not have to cook a meal. What a welcome thought. We had recently had this awesome chicken dish at our last Clear Vision. She wanted to make it for us since she knew how much we liked it.

So, all day today I have been thinking about community. How thankful I am for Allyson and her understanding of being a part of a community. She blessed us so fully tonight...and it really inspired me to "Pay it Forward" so to speak. I really like the idea of taking care of each other in the community and this is just a nice, fairly easy, practical way to love on others.

So, thanks Allyson. It was AWESOME...I mean that...it really tasted good. It felt so good to put a nice meal on the table tonight. I'm so glad God put you in my life.

No comments: