Saturday, November 14, 2009

In the thankful mood....

So, I have another thankful shout out. Yesterday we hosted dinner for people who are interested in our new lifegroup. As it is for people who have already raised their kids, we needed to do something with ours. Our dear friend Emi, graciously offered to take our kids. She took them to Monkey Joes for 2 hours, then brought them back here (we were still meeting), got them ready for bed, read them books, and tucked them in. God bless her. Again, I am struck by the community aspect. I am so thankful that we are a part of a community who takes care of each other. I would happily return the favor for her anytime.

The meeting went well and we are on our way to having a new lifegroup started up soon.

Dave continues his work on Callie's dresser. It's coming along nicely. He's just working on the drawer fronts now, but the rest of the dresser and the drawers are all assembled. He's really pleased with his project.

We went and cheered on our friend Sarah this morning for her swim meet. It brought me back a little bit. I swam backstroke in highschool...and that's what Sarah mostly swam today. We were really proud of her. She did a great job...and the kids were so well behaved. I was worried they would want to jump in the pool or run around. Nope. They sat there so nicely, with Noah holding his, "We love u Sarah" sign. Callie did great until Sarah came by to say "hi" during a break and held Callie. When she had to give Callie back to me, Callie pouted. Aside from that, they were little angels...it was glorious.

We're probably going to do family night tonight. Since Dave and I are leaving for Seattle next Thursday, I'm really looking forward to a fun night out with the kids. And that's about all for now.

No comments: