Friday, July 3, 2009

Forehead? Meet Pavement.

So, here's my Friday:

The kid's slept in until 7:40...hurray! Actually, Callie slept in until 8:30. We were at Monkey Joe's last night and they bounced and bounced, so they were tired. I tried hitting a garage sale today. I drove all the way to the West Side and ended up only purchasing a 50 cent book. You win some. You lose some...this was the latter.

We got home and I decided it would be fun to see Flushed Away that is playing for the kid's movie matinees over the summer. I forgot our coupon for cheap popcorn (grrrr). Frankly, I just really wanted their movie theater popcorn. We made it as long as the popcorn lasted, which was about an hour. Then Callie became restless, and well, we left shortly after that.

After everyone took naps or rested (I read a book), I cleaned out the van and the car...and I mean CLEANED. I'm sure I'll be doing the van again before vacation, but still it was nice to not feel like I am living in filth and always wondering, "What's that smell?"

After Dave went to work, the kids and I ran a bunch of errands. Because they were good, we went to Columbian park. The kid's played in the sand the whole time. Callie was a mess. She has a skinned up knee, her shirt was covered in dinner. Her hair was crusty from whatever food she had smeared in it. And yet, she is still a diva. This is her saying, "teez"



And now, the reason for the title. As we were leaving, Noah starts running...and you guessed it. Face first into the sidewalk. I heard it, poor thing. He's definitely going to have a pretty large bruise on his forehead. It's already started. We iced it when we got home. We'll see what tomorrow brings.

Anyway, it's been an interesting (but good) day...that's for sure.

1 comment:

Melinda said...

That is a fantastic photo of Noah, albeit sad. Poor little guy. Yet, am I detecting a small bit of pride in his eyes? :) So precious!