Thursday, December 30, 2010

Oh Karen...

First let me say that I love my husband who graciously understands my deep enjoyment of reading novels by Karen Kingsbury. He asked me today if I was hanging out with my best friend Karen. :-) Yes, yes I was.

I just finished reading "Unlocked" (thanks Mom Y!)...and I was not disappointed. I would often run out of the bedroom while I was reading, hug Dave, and exclaim "I love Jesus!". For those concerned, yes I realize this is a fictional book...but with most of Karen's books she believes in God's miraculous power and scripts it so well in her books. Sometimes, I feel my prayers are weak..."Lord, let your will be done..." It feels easier than to pour my heart into earnest prayer for an outcome. Granted, God, in His infinite wisdom understands situations far better than I do...and He knows that sometimes we are meant to face challenges and trials in order to grow. Sometimes, it's just not the right time. But yet, I get challenged often to pray bolder prayers. "He answered their prayers, because they trusted him" (1 Chronicles 5:20) The mom in this book prayed for her son for FIFTEEN years. God is faithful. He loves us.

I guess it was a reminder to keep praying specifically and boldly...and with faith.

If you've never read Karen...you should. :-)

1 comment:

mjvan said...

I'll have to get that book! Didn't know she had a new one out...exciting!