Saturday, August 21, 2010

Heart for Prayer

I love praying for Callie. She has the heart of a pray-er. She loves giving prayer and she loves getting it. Each night I sit on the couch with the kids. We read out of their devotional book and then we pray for each other. Callie always says, "Pray me!" with a big grin on her face. Just recently, I have started to have her open her hands out in a receiving gesture and close her eyes. Since I started this a few days ago, I've really felt a difference in our prayer times. I have really noticed the Holy Spirit present when we are praying. Her eyelashes always seem to flutter and she has this look of content concentration as I'm praying. It's amazing and humbling to watch. I love that the God of the universe loves my baby girl so much that He longs for her to be in community with Him at such a young age. I love that her heart responds to Him. I pray that it is always so.

1 comment:

Christy said...

That's totally awesome Kim! How precious!