Thursday, January 8, 2009

Sweet memories

I love my kids. I had a really great day with Noah and Callie today. Looking at Noah today I saw a different person. He's growing up right before my eyes. Maybe it's his haircut, but seriously he just seems older. He was so sweet all day, playing and having fun. He sang songs on the potty and wanted me to sing "Jesus loves me" at least 5 times at bedtime. He even started to sing it with me. He told me that he loved me and goodnight (lately nighttime has been a battle. This was a really nice change). Callie slept for awhile this evening, so I actually woke her up to feed her again. Well, she was in a really great (and awake) mood. I let her roll all over the floor and she had a good old time laughing. I played with her for awhile and then just sat and watched. Tonight was one of those nights where I got all warm and gooey inside. My kids wear me out, frustrate me at times, but man...they are truly the best thing I was ever given. It's nights like tonight where I see all their potential as they get older. I get glimpses of what they might be like as they get older. And although it scares the pants out of me that they will one day grow up, I can't deny it. It's why I had the video camera out recording Noah singing his songs on the potty. I keep telling myself, "You are going to want to remember this". OK, I am getting mushy...but it's true. I totally love my kids.

No comments: